Our family Adventures

Our family Adventures

08 October 2008

Boys vs Girls

As a mother you often hear different points of view on which is the easier gender. Boys are usually viewed as dirty and active terrors and sometimes rebellious adolescents. Girls are more often viewed as the calm little angels until they reach puberty and become too emotional and dramatic. I say that all children are different regardless of gender. I have two totally opposite boys - one very easy to manage, quiet, calm, not active (though with the beginning stages of puberty that is changing). He is funny, artistic, stand up for me, and mostly obedient. My new little boy is the typical stereotype- active as can possibly be, into everything, loves outdoors, loves balls, loves to climb, very curious and always has me chasing after him. He has very endearing qualities too of course, and his smile can make you do anything for him. Those big dark eyes of his melt your heart as well. Definately spoiled. Now my girls are quite the handful. My oldest has always been very active, very dramatic, a climber, an adventurer, and extremely high metabolism. (there is never enough food in this house) She was a challenge from the moment she was conceived, which should have told me something. I was so sick all nine months and she came early but took her time coming out (36 hours). She had to eat every 2 hours from the time she was born and still does if you don't want her cranky. Of course, she has her good qualities as well- she is extremely smart and very responsible. She is a huge help to me. She can be quite funny as well.

My second girl is also a ball of energy and very independant. She has problems with listening, is borderline ADHD, and has bad allergies that affect her behaviour as well. She is my greatest challenge of all of them. She also is pretty smart though and has an extremely kind and giving heart. She wants to be friends with everyone and wants to help all that are in need.


My final girl is more on the calm side, which is nice. She is low-maintanence for the most part and is very cute. She is extremely LOUD though and has the worst temper tantrums I've ever seen. She has gotten better though in that area. She learned it doesn't get her anywhere. Anyway, when the argument is which is easier to take care of- with my group, I'm going for the boys! How does your family rate?










3 comments:

  1. I vote for boys too...although I don't have nearly the experience that you do since my only boy is 19 months, and my greatest concern for him is which corner he is going to bump in to next...Madeline on the other hand is definitely entering puberty and so starts the neverending tears and drama. Although I spend much more time chasing Hayden around, the girls make me much more emotionally tired. Ask me in a few years and I may change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thought Didi, I would have to say that I prefer girls for now, because that's all I have, but we are not looking forward to the teenage years....help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not quite sure where to stand on this. I think I have been blessed with 4 girls because Tuckers is a neverending ball of energy. I am always scared of what he will do next. He throws some pretty good tantrums. He can always make me laugh though. My worst tantrum thrower would have to be Sierra though. She has had a temper since day one. The tween stage isn't helping and I know teen years are right around the corner. However she is my biggest help in my house. Courtney had a horrible age 3 year but has always been calm and unemotional at times. You never know if she is going to cry or laugh. I think you have to take the good with the bad.

    ReplyDelete