Our family Adventures

Our family Adventures

07 November 2008

"Praise your Husband Week" Tag

The Man I Married

1. What is his name? Douglas Alan Polakowski

2. Who eats more? Are we talking overall in a day or at a meal? Doug definitely eats more at a meal, but I probably eat more during the day, as he skips breakfast and sometimes only grabs a soda and candy bar for lunch while at work. I really need to just pack him a sack lunch like the kids. He’s terrible with that.

3. Who said I love you first? I think he did. I can’t remember.

4. Who is taller? He is, but only by a couple inches.

5. Who is smarter? He is when it comes to anything regarding money, math, mechanics, construction, (he can fix anything), alternate energies, computers, social relations, and many more I can’t think of right now. Whatever is left like English, grammar, writing, arts, the kids school stuff, etc. is where I am smarter. We balance each other nicely.

6. Who is more sensitive? I am.

7. Who does the laundry? Doug does most of it. I do when I see a need and he hasn’t already taken care of it. I fold and the kids put their share away.

8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does. There was only one time when we switched this and it just didn’t feel right.

9. Who pays the bills? We both do, though I have to admit that he does most of it.

10. Who cooks more? I do even though it is the thing I hate the most in life. If grilling is involved, he does, and almost every Sunday Doug gives me a break cooks a nice dinner. He almost never complains if I ask him to cook when I’m too tired. He’s great about that.

11. What meals do you cook together? Together? You have got to be joking right? The extent of that would be if he’s grilling outside and I’m making the sides inside. Okay, maybe holiday dinners might have some team work going on, but otherwise someone might stab the other.

12. Who is more stubborn? Tough one. I liked your answer Rachel. ( I say he is. he says I am, but its my blog so I am right ;))

13. Who is the first to admit they're wrong? He is. Okay, that makes me more stubborn doesn’t it?

14. Who has more siblings? We have the same – 3.

Guess where we are?



15. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Is this a trick question?

16. What do you like to do together? Lately, I would say sleep, but we do like to talk and go on walks and mini-trips with the kids.


17. Who eats more sweets? I do, hands down. I am a carb-addict and he eats so completely healthy it is sickening.

18. Guilty pleasures? We’re talking just Doug here right? Anything involving a motorcycle or well, two wheels- bicycle, dirt bike, street bike. He also loves pogo sticks, camping, hiking, boating, fishing, (verbs). His really guilty pleasures: Computer games, Pepsi, Long John Silvers, Fat Burrito, and homemade pies.

19. How did you meet? We met at the best young single adult branch ever! The Buffalo Grove YSA branch in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. He had given his testimony on how touched he was after meeting and shaking President Howard W. Hunter’s hand in Nauvoo and I felt impressed to go introduce myself and find out more about him.

20. Who proposed? He did. I was all the way in Utah at BYU, but he couldn’t wait for me to come home for Christmas break and so wrote me a beautiful letter with the proposal in it and then did it formally when I got home for break. We then prepared for our wedding and got wed in June. (I have saved all his beautiful and romantic love letters from that time I was away-to prove the existence of some fibers of romance in his body.)

21. His best features? I love him and his whole hairy self – okay his eyes are still the best feature, especially that wink that comes out once in a great while.

22. What is his greatest quality? His Christ-like love for others

23. What do I love most about him? He is an AWESOME father and he can always make me smile!

23. Who Do I Tag? Whoever reads this and has a husband. Rachel has made this the official praise your husband week. When is praise your wife week???

6 comments:

  1. I guess you're the kids who look exactly like John and Katrina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.... I'm not sure which pictures and which ones you are talking about...I think John looks just like my brother, and I think Katrina looks a lot like Doug's sister Pam, but she looks like me in some pics too. I'll give you a hint, the black and white one is Doug with his siblings because he is sooooooo much older than me and they had only black and white in those days. :) LOL. My siblings and I are in the color one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right. I guess Doug is the boy on the left in the b+w and you are the girl on the left in the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am the one on the left in the color one. I am the second born. Doug was the first born in his family and is in the middle back with the big glasses. He has a funny look on his face in that one. I should show you his highschool pictures- now that is funny!!! Okay, I'm picking on him too much. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See don't you feel better now after praising your husband? I think it is fun to learn about these men in our lives. We know a lot about each other but the guys is another story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so I was reading your older entries and now im tagged..lol.

    ReplyDelete