Her birthday started out with opening the boxes that Nana shipped for her. She was very excited to get all the stuffed animals and to read the story and hear the song. My mom is missing Australia I think. She got Leyna, John Lithgow's book "Marsupial Sue" and the animals to correspond with the story. Very cute idea. My mom tells me that her co-workers think the marsupial Sue character fits her perfectly. I had to go back and look and yes, I can see the resemblance. :)
Jakey really likes the Kangaroo, so he keeps taking it. You can see the scampy look in his eye as he turns around to see if Leyna is in pursuit!
Next, we had a pizza dinner of course and the "cake." Leyna wanted brownies for her cake with chocolate frosting and so that is what she had. It was funny because as we were still singing to her, so was blowing those candles out. No more waiting!


Finally, we did the last of the presents. Grandma B. sent some money to help with getting Leyna a DoodlePro and we got her the Playdough Potatoe Head kit.

Overall, she was a happy girl for her birthday and had a good time. It doesn't seem like that long ago that she looked like this:
Ohhh, I remember holding that little baby girl!! I really dislike how fast time is flying by! What a big girl, it looks likes she "scored" for her birthday with lots of fun presents!! It also looks like her bangs are growing in nicely ;)
ReplyDelete